Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Thursday 25 November 2010

Little Owl Site No.15 Revisited - on 25th November, 2010

On Sunday I found my 15th Little Owl site (I started with my first site just under a year ago), but the weather was dull, grey, and drizzly. The following day, I was out that way again, buying garden bird food, so dropped in once more. It had been bright and sunny when I set off, but it suddenly got dull again as I approached. The Owl was there again, but no photos were taken. Today, the memsahib decided that we'd go to a garden centre to buy some Christmas gifts, etc. It was another bright and sunny day so off we went to a place just beyond the new LO site. Having done the shopping we headed for the Owl - and it greyed over! However, the light was not as bad as the previous two visits. The Owl was soon located near to where it had been on the previous visits - in its nest hole!! I took a few photos and then decided to leave it in peace, and come back another day when there was some sunshine.



Little Owl - my site No.15

Having got back to the car, where my wife was patiently waiting we set off to go home. We'd only got about 400 metres when the sun came out. I quickly found a place to turn round and go back. The Owl had moved out of the hole and was on a branch just above the nest hole (the hole to the left is a red herring!).


Little Owl - my site No.15

I don't feel the need to return for an acceptable image any more - so now to find my next new site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.