Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Saturday 13 February 2010

Derbyshire on 11th February, 2010

Having not had a good photographic session for some time, I headed off into Derbyshire - primarily to try and get some images of Hawfinch at Cromford. I missed them by 20 minutes, waited for another couple of hours or so (standing in the snow), and then decided I needed to make a move for my own comfort. I then called in at Carsington Water, where all the following photos were taken. Apart from a brief visit by a Bullfinch as I left Paul Stanley hide, and distant views of Teal, Goldeneye, and about 50 Ruddy Duck from Sheepwash hide, little was seen. I then moved on to Dovedale in the hope of finding Dipper. The water was a bit high (the stepping stones were covered), and it was rather icy from the snows the previous night. After about half an hour of walking, and about to reach what I thought was to be the most promising stretch, I slipped and fell on the ice. Nothing broken, but I decided to give up and head for home - hopefully it will not be too long before I get a satisfying day photographically!!


Bullfinch (male)

Goldeneye



Teal


Ruddy Duck

Ruddy Duck (summer plumage drake)

Ruddy Duck (winter plumage drake)


Ruddy Duck (female)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.