Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Thursday 5 November 2009

Common Scoter at Albert Village on 12th October 2009

Albert Village, Leicestershire, is only about three miles down the road from me. Although the man-made lake has only been there for a a couple of years or so, it is already well established as a good place to see a wide range of gulls. Not having a particular interest in gulls, I don't often go there, but I had to go to see the Common Scoter. There were no other birdwatchers there when I arrived, but I quickly located it. It remained at great distance for a long while, and I had given up hope of getting anything better than a 'just about' record shot, and started to leave. However, I stopped to talk to a newly arrived birder, and whilst we were talking the bird came somewhat closer, and the sun shone brightly!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.