Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Staunton Harold on 25th November, 2008

I felt the need for a short break from decorating today, and so decided to take advantage of the sunshine for a quick trip to Staunton Harold Reservoir. I arrived at the Round Car Park to find all the places next to the wall occupied, and a huge amount of seed and nuts on the wall. Fortunately I did not have to wait beyond 10 minutes before a suitable place became available. I quickly dived in and sat in my car, window open and camera at the ready.

There was the usual mix of birds, but I was surprised by the huge number of Collared Doves (didn't count them, but maybe around 40). What I was really delighted to see was more Tree Sparrows than I have ever seen here before (I would guess at least 30). However, what exercised me most was a couple of Nuthatches. Occasionally they would arrive at the same time, and then there was quite a lot of agression shown. Frustratingly, the sunshine vanished about 10 minutes after I got into position.

Nuthatch
.

Tree Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.